UCLA Amgen Scholars Program Application Process We are no longer accepting applications.
The deadline was February 2, 2015.BEFORE YOU APPLY:
Check to see if you can participate in the entire
program from Sunday, June 21 - Friday, August 28, 2015
. All participants must attend the program for its entire duration.
Review the program's eligibility requirements. No exceptions
are made with regards to the basic eligibility requirements.
- U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents
- Undergraduates enrolled in four-year colleges and universities in the U.S., Puerto Rico and other U.S. Territories.
- Sophomores (with 4 quarters or 3 semesters of college experience), Juniors and non-graduating Seniors (who are returning in the fall to continue their undergraduate experience).
- Cumulative G.P.A. of 3.2 or above.
- Interested in pursuing a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D.
A completed application contains ALL of the following components:
- Online SPUR Application
- Supporting Materials submitted online
- Letter of Recommendation and Letter of Recommendation Waiver Form (submitted by faculty)
- Secondary application survey, to be sent to you after other documents are submitted
More information about each component can be found below. GUIDELINES AND TIPS:
We recommend that you complete the steps in the order listed on this page.
- Contact your recommender regarding a Letter of Recommendation as soon as possible. Complete the Letter of Recommendation Waiver Form and give your recommender a signed copy.
- Your letter of recommendation should be from a faculty member at your current institution who can best assess your ability for academic research and your motivation to attend graduate school. If your research experiences have been at a different institution, you may ask your faculty mentor at that institution to write your letter of recommendation. Only one letter of recommendation is required.
- For faculty instructions on writing your letter of recommendation please CLICK HERE
- Faculty should submit the Letter and signed Letter of Recommendation Waiver Form by fax (preferred), mail or email.
Fax to (PREFERRED):
UCLA Amgen Scholars Program
2121 Life Science Building
621 Charles E. Young Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1606
Please note: If submitting by email, you must also mail the original copy of the waiver form.
- Complete the Online SPUR Application. Choose Amgen Scholars in the Summer Programs at UCLA pull-down menu.
- Download and complete the supporting materials listed below. At the application web site you will be asked to submit and upload all supporting materials.
You are required to use this form for your personal statement. There is no separate long-form personal statement.
Faculty Mentor Request Form
Please see the Amgen Faculty website for a list of potential faculty mentors. If you are a UCLA student, your faculty mentor does not need to be on this list.
Instructions on Submitting Supporting Materials:
Please note: The current system cannot support the upload of .docx files. Please save your documents as .doc or .pdf files.
- Abide by the character limits for each question.
- Before you upload your materials save, print and review them. This will ensure that your documents will be formatted the way you want them.
- Please save materials in the following format, GarciaEPersonalStatement.pdf. File names must NOT contain: spaces, hyphens, slashes, commas or other non-alphanumeric characters.
- Obtain an Unofficial Transcript. This document should be a .doc or .pdf file.
- Go to the UCLA Amgen Scholars Program application web site. Once you access this web site you will be asked to:
- Input your contact information
- Upload your supporting materials:
- Personal statement
- Faculty mentor request form
- Unofficial transcript
Once you click "Submit Application," you will not be able to access this site again. Please make sure your contact information and the supporting materials are correct prior to submission.We are no longer accepting applications for summer 2015.
IF YOU HAVE APPLICATION QUESTIONS CONTACT: Cindy Mosqueda Campbell
UCLA Amgen Scholars Program Representative