SCIENCE POSTER DAY 2015
Ackerman Grand Ballroom
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Abstract Submission is Now Closed!
Abstract Submission Deadline: April 15, 2015.
All Undergraduate students at UCLA who are conducting research in the sciences are eligible to participate. This event is sponsored by the Undergraduate Science Journal
- Presenters will select one or more of the following presentation times: 12-1:10, 1:15-2:25 and 2:30-3:40pm. You will be asked to select the timeframe that fits into your schedule best. You must be at the poster the ENTIRE timeframe of your session.
- There can be no more than THREE UNDERGRADUATE "presenters" (including you) for every ORIGINAL abstract submitted; the same abstract CANNOT be submitted multiple times.
- Must submit an abstract by April 15, 2015, no late abstracts will be accepted.
For more information about abstract formatting and submission, visit the Abstract Guidelines
page.Dean's Prize AwardsDean's Prize Application Deadline: April 17, 2015
Undergraduate presenters in their Senior year
are eligible to apply for Science Dean's Prizes for outstanding research (specifically, seniors who will not
be here next Spring 2016 can apply. Seniors staying through Winter 2016 are elegible).
- Abstracts/Posters with multiple "first-authors (presenters)" CANNOT be judged for the Dean's Prize.
- Abstracts that do not adhere to the formatting guidelines will not be considered for the Dean's Prize.
For more information about the Dean's Prize and how to apply, visit the Dean's Prize
page.Engineering Demonstration at Science Poster Day 2015
This year at UCLA Science Poster Day, there will be a special competition for Engineering Demonstrations. A new part of Undergraduate Research Week, the Engineering Demonstrations will showcase the best products that engineering undergraduates have produced this year.
- Abstracts must be submitted by April 15, 2015 to be a part of Science Poster Day and this special Demonstration Competition.
- Abstracts will be reviewed and 6-9 will be selected for the competition on site.
- Be sure to include the word 'DEMONSTRATION' in all capital letters in your abstract title to be considered.
For questions about whether your abstract can be considered for the Demonstration Prize please email your abstract and information about your proposed demonstration to Dr. Tama Hasson
the Assistant Vice Provost for Undergraduate Research.Abstract and Poster Workshops
Students can attend workshops
to assist them in putting together abstracts and posters.
Congratulations to all Science Poster Day Dean's Prize Winners! (2013, pictured above)
View a slideshow of the 2014 Science Poster Day presenters here.