SCIENCE POSTER DAY 2015
Undergraduate students who have completed one or more quarters of research at UCLA are eligible to participate in the campus-wide UCLA Undergraduate Research Week, May 11-15, 2015.
Undergraduate Research Week includes Powell Undergraduate Research Week,with presentation opportunities for students in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, and Science Poster Day for students doing research in the life sciences, physical sciences and engineering.
Science Poster Day is held in Ackerman Grand Ballroom on Tuesday May 12, 2015. Science Dean's Prizes are awarded for outstanding research. This year Dean's Prize winners will be invited to present their posters to invited guests in Powell Library on Friday May 15. Students can attend workshops to assist them in putting together abstracts and posters.
Science Poster Day
May 12, 2015
Location: Ackerman Grand Ballroom
Congratulations to all Science Poster Day Dean's Prize Winners! (2013, pictured above)
View a slideshow of the 2013 Science Poster Day presenters here. Eligibility
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SPD**
- Undergraduate students in the College who have completed one or more quarters of research on a life, biomedical, engineering, mathematics or physical science project through SRP contracts, independent research classes (190, 199, 198), or who volunteered in a research lab are eligible to participate.
- Must be available on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 (Presenters will select one of the following presentation times: 12-1:10, 1:15-2:25 and 2:30-3:40pm)
- Must submit an abstract by April 15, 2015, no late abstracts will be accepted
- There can be no more than THREE UNDERGRADUATE "presenters" (including you) for every ORIGINAL abstract submitted; the same abstract CANNOT be submitted multiple times.
- Abstracts/Posters with multiple "first-authors (presenters)" CANNOT be judged for the Dean's Prize.
- Abstracts that do not adhere to the formatting guidelines may not be considered for the Dean's Prize.
- You will be asked to select the timeframe that fits into your schedule best. You must be at the poster the ENTIRE timeframe of your session.
- We will do everything to accommodate your schedule, but CANNOT guarantee that you will be scheduled to present during your preferred time slot.
Abstract Submission Opens: March 15, 2015.
The Abstract Submission Deadline is April 15, 2015.