Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URSP)
- May 15 - June 15
- Applications are completed on MyUCLA's Survey system. Visit here for guidelines and instructions.
- Decisions will be emailed in late August
- 1 Academic year/Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters
The Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URSP) is directed through the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and administered by the Undergraduate Research Center - Sciences. The URSP supports juniors and seniors conducting research during the full academic year. URSP awards stipends up to $3,000 to Juniors and up to $5,000 to Seniors. Stipends are distributed over the duration of the program.
- Junior or Senior standing (at least 6 quarters of university completed by Fall 2018)
- 3.25 GPA or higher
- Must have a current Faculty Mentor and Research Project
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, international, or AB540 student status
- Maintain full-time status/enroll in a minimum of 12 units each quarter
- Conduct research during Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters (two of which must be part of a 199, 198 or 196 course)
- Complete a departmental honors thesis or comprehensive research project
- Present your findings at UCLA's Research Poster Day
- Submit a summary of your work and a photo for an online profile
- Compose a thank you note to the donor that supported your research
- If required by your lab, The "Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts" proof of completion must be submitted before the beginning of the program. The training can be completed online at worksafe.ucla.edu.
For frequently asked questions, please click here.
2121 Life Sciences Building