Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URSP)
The Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URSP) is directed through the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and administered by the Undergraduate Research Center - Sciences. The URSP supports juniors and seniors doing research for the academic year
- Juniors: up to $3000 distributed over duration of program
- Seniors: up to $5000 distributed over duration of program
- Junior scholars may reapply to the program during their senior year
PROGRAM AND EXPECTATIONS
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units each quarter.
- Conduct research for THREE quarters (two of which must be part of a 199, 198 or 196 course) and complete a departmental honors thesis or comprehensive research project
- Present your findings at UCLA's Research Poster Day
- Write and submit a departmental honors thesis or comprehensive research paper
- Submit a summary of your work and a photo for an online profile
- Write a thank you note to the donor that supported your research
- If required by your lab, The "Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts" proof of completion must be submitted before the beginning of the program. The training can be completed online at worksafe.ucla.edu.
For frequently asked questions, please click here.
- Junior level standing or higher (at least 6 quarters of university completed by Fall 2017)
- 3.25 GPA or higher
- Current Faculty Mentor and Research Project
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, international or AB540 student status
Applications are now closed, and will be accepted for 2018-2019 in May 2018.
Applications are accepted through the MyUCLA survey system. Visit here for guidelines and instructions.
If you have questions about URSP, please contact: