Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URSP) 2019-2020
- May 15 - June 15, 2019
- Applications are completed on MyUCLA's Survey system. Visit here for guidelines and instructions.
- The application can be accessed on MyUCLA under the "Campus Life" tab. Click on "Surveys" under the "Surveys and Notices" section.
- Decisions will be emailed in late August
- Fall 2019, Winter 2020, and Spring 2020 Quarters (3 quarters)
The Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URSP) is directed through the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and administered by the Undergraduate Research Center - Sciences.
This program is designed to support Juniors and Seniors conducting STEM research with a UCLA Faculty. Junior Scholars are eligible to receive scholarships of up to $3,000 and Senior Scholars are eligibile to receive up to $5,000, which are distributed in 3 equal disbursements over the duration of the program.
- 3.25 minimum GPA
- Must have a Research Project with a UCLA Faculty
- Junior or Senior standing (at least 6 quarters of university completed by Fall 2019)
- Cannot have an expected/declared graduation date earlier than Spring 2020
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, International, or AB 540 student status
- Maintain full-time status/enroll in a minimum of 12 units during Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters
- If "Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts" training is required by your lab, submit the hardcopy certificate of completion with your Program Contract to the URC-Sciences Office at LS 2121 by the Contract deadline
- Conduct STEM research during Fall 2019, Winter 2020, and Spring 2020 quarters
- Enroll in an independent research course for any 2 of the 3 quarters (99, 196, 198, 199)
- Complete a departmental honors thesis or a comprehensive research paper
- Present your findings at UCLA's Research Poster Day in May 2020
- Submit a summary of your work and a photo for an online profile
- Compose a thank you letter to the donor(s) that supported your research
- Complete the post-Program Survey by Friday of Week 10. Surveys will be emailed out during Spring quarter.
For frequently asked questions, please click here.
For questions regarding URSP, please contact:
URSP Program Representative